Excursion: Volterra & San Gimignano with wine tastings
(Private Excursion from Livorno Cruise Port)
Follow us along the rolling hills of Chianti, visit Volterra and San Gimignano. A wonderful Experience between art, wine and local food to discover vineyards, towers and typical farms.
- 08.00 AM Meet your driver escort at your Cruise Ship in Livorno.
- 09.30 AM Stop at Volterra, for sure one the most beautiful viewpoint in Tuscany, famous for being an Etruscan and Roman capital and a fortified medieval town.
- 12.00 AM Move to a real Tuscan Farm, to understand the secrets of wine production and enjoy a lunch with Lasagna and 8 wine tasting included: Chianti, Brunello, Sangiovese, Nobile, Vernaccia, Balsamic Vinegar tasting, Truffle and Extra Oilive Oil tasting.
- 14.00 PM Afterwards, drive through the sweet Chianti hills, amidst olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the medieval town of San Gimignano.
- 14.30 PM Visit of San Gimignano, the “Town of Fine Towers”, a genuine museum town, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world’.
- 16.00 PM Return is scheduled at 17.45/18.00 pm.
Take a look at: what to expect:
- Our english speaking driver-escort will pick you up at your Cruise Ship
- Welcome sign always PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- Tour aboard our 8 Seats Mercedes Minivan or similar cars.
What To Expect:
Stop At: Volterra
We will pick you up at Livorno Terminal Cruise, and will take you on a drive through the hills of Tuscany. First stop in Volterra and free visit of the town.
- Volterra is a beautiful walled city, built on the top of a hill. The town was built over one of the Twelve Cities of the ancient Etruscan civilisation capitals and has some of the original gates from that era still standing along with a dedicated museum with Etruscan and Roman relics.The most interesting things to visit are: the ancient Roman Theater, the Baptistery and the “Palazzo dei Priori” in the main square. Do not miss the view of the entire valley from the ancient walls.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Chianti Road
- After Volterrra, we will cross the famous “Chianti Wine Road” and the rolling hills, among olive groves, cypresses and vineyards to a typical Tuscan farm for lunch and wine tasting.
Stop At: Winery Farm
Wine tasting and lunch in a typical tuscan farm.
- This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 courses lunch, with homemade pasta, Lasagna, Bruschettas, tuscan cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame.
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Tasting Extra Vergine Olive Oil
- Tasting Pepper Olive Oil
- Tasting Balsamic Vinegar
- Tasting Truffle Oilive Oil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop at: San Gimignano
After lunch we will move to San Gimignano for a free visit.
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world’ (Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. You can also climb the tower-museum (Torre Rognosa) to see an incredible panorama.
The return to the Cruise Ship is scheduled for 5.00 pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.