Excursion: Volterra & San Gimignano + wine tastings
(Private Excursion from Livorno Cruise Port)
Follow us along the rolling hills of Chianti and visit Volterra and San Gimignano. A wonderful Experience between art, wine and local food to discover vineyards, towers and typical farms.
- 08.00 AM Meet your professional driver escort at your Cruise Ship in Livorno
- 09.30 AM Stop at Volterra, for sure one the most beautiful viewpoint in Tuscany and free visit the town of Volterra
- 12.00 AM Move to a real Tuscan Farm, to understand the secrets of wine production and enjoy a lunch with Lasagna and 8 wine tasting included:(Chianti, Brunello, Sangiovese, Nobile, Vernaccia) Balsamic Vinegar tasting, Truffle, Extra Oilive Oil tasting
- 14.00 PM Afterwards, drive through the sweet Siena hills, amidst olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the Medieval town of San Gimignano
- 14.30 PM Visit of San Gimignano, the “Town of Fine Towers”. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world’, (Gelateria Dondoli)
- 15.30 PM Return is scheduled at around 17.00 pm
Traveler pickup is offered
Our english speaking Driver-escort will pick you up at your Cruise Ship
Welcome sign always PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
Tour aboard our 8 Seats Mercedes Minivan
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Volterra
We will pick you up at Livorno Terminal Cruise, and will take you on a drive through the hills of Tuscany. First stop in Volterra. (Free visit 2hrs) Volterra is a beautiful walled city in Tuscany, built on the top of a hill. The town is built over one of the Twelve Cities of the ancient Etruscan civilisation and has some of the original gates from that era still standing along with a dedicated museum packed with Etruscan and Roman relics.
Duration: 2 hours
Admission Ticket Free
Pass By: Chianti Road
After Volterrra, we will drive through the famous “Chianti wine road” and the sweet Siena hills, amidst olive-groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the Medieval town of San Gimignano and we will arrive to the Tuscan Farm for lunch and wine tastings.
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano
We will drive to a typical Tuscan farm for lunch, wine tastings and visit at the Farm. This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
Duration: 2 hours
Admission Ticket Included
Pass By: San Gimignano
After lunch we will move to San Gimignano for a free visit (1 hrs) of the town and its magnificent Towers. San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the Town of Fine Towers, The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine, Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ice cream in the world (Gelateria Dondoli). The return to the cruise ship is scheduled for 5.00 pm.
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.