Excursion: Wine Tour in Chianti and Siena
(Private Excursion from Livorno Cruise Port)
A full day in the landscape of the rolling hills of Chianti, among cypress avenues, sunflower fields and medieval villages, tasting the best wines of our region.
- Meet the chauffeur-escort at your cruise ship around 8.00 am.
- We will cross the rolling hills to Siena. This city is well known for its beautiful architecture and beautiful main square: Piazza del Campo. Siena also has a historic center that has been declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Siena is also famous for the legendary horse race that takes place twice a year and attracts hundreds of spectators called “Palio”.
- After Siena we will move to a real Tuscan farm, to understand the secrets of wine production and enjoy a lunch with lasagna or homemade pasta and 8 wine tasting.
- After lunch we will visit the magnificent Towers of San Gimignano and the historic center. San Gimignano is a small fortified medieval village. Known as the City of “Fine Towers”.
- The return is scheduled at 18.00-18.30 pm
Take a look what to expect
- Our english speaking driver-escort will pick you up at your Cruise Ship
- Welcome sign always PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- Tour aboard our 8 Seats Mercedes Minivan or similar cars.
What To Expect: Itinerary
Pass By: Chianti Road
Our driver escort will pick you up at your Cruise Ship and take you on a drive through the sweet hills of Tuscany.
- We will cross one of the most beautiful wine roads in the region, crossing the sweet hills of Siena, among olive groves, cypresses and vineyards.
Stop At: Siena
First stop and free visit in Siena.
- Siena is a historic city on the region of Tuscany and is the capital of the province of Siena. This city is well known for its gorgeous architecture and beautiful main square: the “Piazza del Campo”. The Duomo is characterized by a beautiful Renaissance facade. Furthermore Siena has a historic city centre that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Additionally, Siena is also known for its legendary Palio horse race that takes place twice a year and draws hundreds of spectators.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano
After Siena we will move in a typical tuscan farm for a delicious lunch and wine tasting.
- This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 courses lunch, with homemade pasta, Lasagna, Bruschettas, tuscan cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame.
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Tasting Extra Vergine Olive Oil
- Tasting Pepper Olive Oil
- Tasting Balsamic Vinegar
- Tasting Truffle Oilive Oil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Gimignano
In the afrernoon we will visit San Gimignano.
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world’ (Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. You can also climb the tower-museum (Torre Rognosa) to see an incredible panorama.
At the end of the visit we’ll return to Livorno Port Cruise Terminal.
Duration: 1 hour
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.