Savour Exquisite Wines: Brunello of Montalcino & Nobile di Montepulciano Wine Tour
(Private Tour From: Florence, Siena, Arezzo)
A superb Experience in the wonderful Val d’Orcia between noble wines and medieval towns. Visit the villages of Montapulciano with its historical cellars, Pienza famous for its Pecorino cheese and Montalcino known for its “Brunello” wine. Brunello di Montalcino and Vino Nobile di Montepulciano are considered the best wines of Tuscany.
- In the morning, our driver escort will pick you up at your location (hotel, B&B or private apartment) and take you on a drive through the hills of Orcia Valley.
- First stop at Montepulciano and visit of the main square with the ancient Governament Palace and the Romanesque Church. Later we’ll the visit the “Underground Wonders” of the town: the Historycal Cellar are located in tuff underground of the old town. Here you will find gigantic oak barrels, in which the famous Vino Nobile and the Red di Montepulciano DOC “rest”. We will taste wines in two differerent cellars and will have a delicious lunch experience.
- After lunch we will drive to Pienza, the town of the Pecorino cheese, with its panoramic walk, where the most beautiful photos of the Val d’Orcia are taken.
The Pecorino is one of the best cheese in Italy, especially the version “sotto cenere” (under ashes) that we can taste in one of the many cheese shops.
- In the late afternoon we’ll visit Montalcino Castle and we’ll have a last wine tasting in a prestigious farm, where the production of this delicious wine has been made for generations. The Brunello wine takes its name from its colour , the diminutive form of “bruno”, the Italian word for “brown”.
The return is scheduled for 8.00 pm.
- Pick up at your Hotel or private flat and B&B with confortable Mercedes Minivan or similar. Welcome sign PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- English speaking driver.
IMPORTANT NOTE: We can also pick up and drop off customers at private addresses, apartments or B & B, without extra charge. It is only necessary to indicate the correct address in the notes.
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Montepulciano
Our driver escort will pick you up at your location (hotel, B&B or private apartment) and take you on a drive through the sweet hills of Tuscany.
- Around 11.00 am we will arrive at the main square of Montepulciano, we’ll visit the city and two Historic Cellars. Here you will find gigantic oak barrels, in which the famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG and the Rosso di Montepulciano DOC “rest”. Later we’ll have two wine tasting experiences in Historical Cellars and a delicious tuscan lunch.
Tuscan lunch menu:
Bruschettas with extra virgin olive oil, tomatoes and Tuscan cold cuts
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Pienza
- In the afternoon we will drive to Pienza, the town of the Pecorino cheese, with a free city tour and panoramic photos of the Val d’Orcia. The Pecorino is one of the best cheese in Italy, especially the version ‘sotto cenere’ or ‘under ashes’. The cheese has ancient origins and has probably been produced in the zone since man first settled here.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Montalcino
- Later we will move for a visit of Montalcino Castle with another wine tasting in typical Tuscan winery farm. Brunello di Montalcino is one of Italy’s most famous and prestigious wines. All Brunello di Montalcino wine is made exclusively from Sangiovese Grosso grapes grown on the slopes around Montalcino. ( wine tasting inside a Montalcino farm / winery. Where after a wine lesson, about the local production you will taste the prestigious Brunello of Montalcino wine).
At the end of the visit we’ll come back to your location.
Duration: 2 hours
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.