"Ramble through the Rolling Hills Of Chianti" with lunch & wine tasting
(Private Tour From: Florence, Pisa, Siena, Lucca)
Ramble throught the Rolling Hills of Chianti.
A whole day in the iconic landscape of the “sweet hills of Chianti”, among cypress avenues, fields of sunflowers and medieval villages. We will visit the historic center of San Gimignano and its ancient towers. At lunch we will feast with homemade lasagna and enjoy eight of the best wines of our region, in a typical Tuscan farmhouse.
- First Stop at Piazzale Michelangelo. Michelangelo Plaza is the most beautiful viewpoint in Florence, and the best place to take some pictures of the town.
- Later we will drive through the sweet Chianti hills, among olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. You will see the magnificent Towers of San Gimignano and the typical old town. San Gimignano is known for the Golden Ham, and its famous white wine (Vernaccia), produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia Grape. You will climb to the highest tower (called Torre Rognosa) visit the city museum and see an incredible panorama. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world’ (Gelateria Dondoli 2 times World Champion).
- Later we will move to a typical Tuscan farm, to understand the secrets of wine production and enjoy a lunch with Lasagna (or homemade pasta) and eight wine tastings.
- The return is scheduled around 4.00 pm.
Pick up at your Hotel or private flat and B&B always guaranteed, with confortable Mercedes Minivan or similar minivan.
- Welcome sign PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- English speaking driver-guide.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: We can also pick up and drop off customers at private addresses, apartments or B & B, without extra charge. It is only necessary to indicate the correct address in the notes.
What To Expect:
Stop At: Piazzale Michelangelo
Our driver will pick you up at your location (hotel, B&B or private apartment) and take you on a journey through the rolling hills of Tuscany. If you have not yet visited the most panoramic point of Florence, Piazza Michelangelo, will be the first stop. You can take some beautiful photos of Florence.
- Michelangelo Plaza (Piazzale Michelangelo) is a square with a panoramic view of Florence. The square, dedicated to the Renaissance sculptor Michelangelo, has bronze copies of some of his marble works found elsewhere in Florence: the David and the four allegories of the Medici Chapel of San Lorenzo.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: San Gimignano
Then, we will drive through the sweet Chianti hills, among olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the medieval town of San Gimignano. The visit of the town and its magnificent towers will take about an hour.
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: “Vernaccia di San Gimignano”. The Vernaccia is produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world’, and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. If you want you can climb the Tower Museum (Torre Rognosa) and see a magnificent view of the Tuscan hills.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Chianti Road
After the free visit of San Gimignano, we will cross one of the most beautiful “Tuscan Wine Roads”, we will stop among the vineyards to take some photos. Then, we will arrive at the winery-farm for a typical Tuscan lunch and a great wine tasting.
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano
Stop for lunch in a Tuscan winery-farm: Visit, Lunch and Wine tastings.
This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 course lunch, with homemade pasta, Bruschettas, cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame and more…
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Extra Vergine Olive Oil Tasting
- Pepper Olive Oil Tasting
- Balsamic Vinegar Tasting
- Truffle Oilive Oil Tasting
The return is scheduled around 4.00 pm.
Duration: 2 hour
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.