"FRANCIGENA WAYS" in Chianti with Lunch & 2 Wine-tasting
(Private Tour From: Florence, Pisa)
This is one of the best Chianti Tour: an incredible experience surrounded by the beauty and history of Tuscany ! Spend a day on the Chianti roads, along the old “Francigena Way”, which was traveled by Charlemagne and The Crusaders. The Via Francigena is one of the oldest and most popular pilgrim itineraries in Europe. With its 3200km: from Canterbury to Rome. We’ll visit 3 important stops: San Gimignano, Siena and Monteriggioni.
- A fantastic experience traveling between the Chianti hills and the wonderful city of Siena, San Gimignano (famous in all the world for its Medieval Towers) and Monteriggioni Castle (A outpost built by the Republic of Siena and a strategic point of control of passages on the Via Francigena). With a delicious lunch and wine tastings in 2 typical tuscan farms. Our drivers-guide will offer you tours in confortable Mercedes Minivan, accompanying you through the beautiful hills and picturesque villages, showing you the most interesting places and the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. Along the way, you will have the possibility to taste renowned wines and other typical products like: homemade pasta, extra virgin olive oil, Sienese sweets, Pecorino cheeses, balsamic vinegar and truffle.
- Pick up at your Hotel or private flat and B&B with confortable Mercedes Minivan or similar. Welcome sign PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- English speaking driver – escort.
- IMPORTANT: We can also pick up and drop off customers at private addresses, apartments or B & B, without extra charge. It is only necessary to indicate the correct address in the notes.
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Piazzale Michelangelo
Our english speaking driver – escort will pick you up at your location (hotel or apartment) around 9.00 AM.The first stop will be at Michelangelo Plaza, we consider the most beautiful viewpoint of Florence and the best place to take some pictures of the town.
- Michelangelo Plaza (Piazzale Michelangelo) is a square with a panoramic view of Florence. The square, dedicated to the Renaissance sculptor Michelangelo, has bronze copies of some of his marble works found elsewhere in Florence: the David and the four Allegories of the Medici Chapel of San Lorenzo.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Siena
After the stop at Michelangelo Plaza we will move to Siena, crossing the Chianti highway.
- Siena is a historic city on the region of Tuscany and is the capital of the province of Siena. This city is well known for its gorgeous architecture and beautiful main square, the “Piazza del Campo”. Furthermore Siena has a historic city centre that has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Additionally, Siena is also known for its legendary Palio horse race, that takes place twice a year and draws hundreds of spectators. The most interesting things to see in Siena are: the famous Piazza del Campo, the Duomo, the Baptistery and the wonderful small streets of the historic center such as “Via di città”.
Duration: 2 hour
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano
After visiting Siena we will move to the winery farm, where we’ll stop for lunch and wine tasting. This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 course lunch with homemade pasta, Bruschettas, cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame and more…
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Tasting Extra Vergine Olive Oil
- Tasting Pepper Olive Oil
- Tasting Balsamic Vinegar
- Tasting Truffle Oilive Oil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Gimignano
After lunch we will drive through the sweet Siena hills, amidst olive-groves, cypress trees and incredible vineyards up to the Medieval town of San Gimignano (second stop of the Francigena Way).
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ice cream in the world (Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. You can also climb the tower-museum (Torre Rognosa) to see an incredible panorama and hear the legend of the “Devil’s Tower”.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monteriggioni
Not far from San Gimignano, we will visit Monteriggioni Castle. In antiquity Monteriggioni was famed as an impregnable fortress and another stop on the Francigena Way.
- Monteriggioni Castle now is one of the most incredible and representative Tuscan villages of the medieval period. A castle built by the Republic of Siena and a strategic point of control of passages on the Via Francigena. The castle has a spectacular walkway on the walls, where you can see the Chianti valley and you can visit the museum of Medieval Weapons. (Visit of the Castle and Arms Museum)
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Fattoria Lornano
In the late afternoon we will move to Lornano village. Now we are ready for the second wine tasting experience in this wonderful winery farm before to come back :
- Lornano winery is genuine small farm in the Chianti, where wine has been produced for a long time. Here we will have a second special wine tasting. The wine production of this farm is delicious and conducted in the old way … few bottles, but with a special flavor.
At the end of the tasting we’ll return to your location.
Duration: 1 hour
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.