Full day in the Chianti with visit of Volterra and San Gimignano
(Private Tour From: Florence, Pisa, Siena)
Spend one day accross the rolling hills of Chianti, visiting Volterra and San Gimignano with a private driver, tasting a typical tuscan lunch, with the best wines of our Region. A wonderful Experience between art, wine and local food to discover pre-roman population (Etruscans), vineyards, medieval hilltop towns, towers and typical farms.
- 09.00 AM. Meet your driver-escort at your location (Hotel, B&B or private flat).
- 10.15 AM. First stop at Volterra, for sure one the most beautiful viewpoint in Tuscany, visit of the old town and the roman theater.
- 13.00 PM. Move to a real Tuscan Farm, to understand the secrets of wine production and enjoy a lunch with Lasagna and 8 wine tastings.
- 14.30 PM. In the afternoon, we will drive through the sweet Chianti hills, amidst olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the medieval town of San Gimignano.
- 15.00 PM. Visit the magnificent Towers of San Gimignano and the city center. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ice cream in the world.
- 17.00 PM. Return is scheduled around 5.00 pm.
- Pick up at your Hotel, private flat or B&B with confortable Mercedes Minivan or similar. Welcome sign PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- English speaking driver – guide.
IMPORTANT: We can also pick up and drop off customers at private addresses, apartments or B & B, without extra charge. It is only necessary to indicate the correct address in the notes
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Volterra
Our professional driver-escort will pick you up to your hotel or another chosen location: (B&B or private flat) and will take you to discover our countryside. We will drive through the tuscan hills looking at an incredible panorama, among olive trees, vineyards, sunflowers and medieval towers.The first stop will be at Volterra.
- Volterra is a beautiful walled city, built on the top of a hill. The town was built over one of the Twelve Cities of the ancient Etruscan civilisation capitals and has some of the original gates from that era still standing along with a dedicated museum packed with Etruscan and Roman relics. The most interesting things to visit are the ancient Roman theater, the Baptistery and the “Palazzo dei Priori” in the main square.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano winery farm
For lunch we will move to a typical tuscan farm. This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 course lunch, with homemade pasta, Bruschettas, cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame and more…
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Tasting Extra Vergine Olive Oil
- Tasting Pepper Olive Oil
- Tasting Balsamic Vinegar
- Tasting Truffle Oilive Oil.
Duration: 2 hour
Pass By: Chianti Road
After the visit to the farm, we will drive through the famous “Chianti wine road” and the sweet Siena hills, amidst olive-groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the Medieval town of San Gimignano.
Stop At: San Gimignano
In the afternoon last stop in San Gimignano: The visit of the town and its magnificent towers will take about an hour.
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world'(Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. You can also climb the tower-museum (Torre Rognosa) to see an incredible panorama and hear the legend of the Devil’s Tower.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.