"Ramble through the Rolling Hills Of Chianti"+ lunch & wine tasting
(Private Tour From: Florence, Pisa, Siena)
A full day inside the iconic landscape of the “rolling hills of Chianti”, between avenues of cypress trees, fields of sunflowers and medieval hilltop towns. We’ll Visit the historic centre of San Gimignano and its ancient towers. For lunch we’ll feast with homemade Lasagna and we’ll taste eight of the best wines of our Region in a typical Tuscan farm.
- First Stop at Michelangelo Plaza, the most beautiful viewpoint in Florence, and the best place to take some pictures of Florence.
- Afterwards, we will drive through the sweet Chianti hills, amidst olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. You will see the magnificent Towers of San Gimignano and the historical centre. The town is known for the Golden Ham, and its famous white wine (Vernaccia), produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world’, (Gelateria Dondoli).
- Later we will move to a real Tuscan farm, to understand the secrets of wine production and enjoy a lunch with Lasagna (or home made pasta) and 8 wine tastings.
- The return is scheduled around 4.00 pm.
- Pick up at your Hotel or private flat and B&B, with confortable Mercedes Minivan or similar. Welcome sign PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- English speaking driver – escort.
- IMPORTANT: We can also pick up and drop off customers at private addresses, apartments or B & B, without extra charge. It is only necessary to indicate the correct address in the notes.
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Piazzale Michelangelo
Our driver escort will pick you up at your location (hotel, B&B or private apartment) and take you on a drive through the sweet hills of Tuscany. If you have not yet visited the most panoramic point of Florence, Michelangelo Square will be the first stop.
- Michelangelo Plaza (Piazzale Michelangelo) is a square with a panoramic view of Florence. The square, dedicated to the Renaissance sculptor Michelangelo, has bronze copies of some of his marble works found elsewhere in Florence: the David and the four allegories of the Medici Chapel of San Lorenzo.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: San Gimignano
Afterwards we will drive through the sweet Siena hills, amidst olive-groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the Medieval town of San Gimignano. The visit of the town and its magnificent towers will take about an hour.
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world'(Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Chianti Road
After San Gimignano free visit, we will drive through one of the most beatifull “Tuscan Wine Road”, we will stop among the grape vineyards to take some photos. Then, we will arrive at the winery-farm for a typical tuscan lunch and a great wine tasting.
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano
Stop for lunch in a Tuscan winery-farm: Visit, Lunch and Wine tastings.
This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 course lunch, with homemade pasta, Bruschettas, cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame and more…
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Tasting Extra Vergine Olive Oil
- Tasting Pepper Olive Oil
- Tasting Balsamic Vinegar
- Tasting Truffle Oilive Oil.
The return is scheduled around 4.00 pm.
Duration: 2 hour
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.