PRIVATE Transfer from Florence to Assisi with stops in Montepulciano & Cortona
Do not miss the opportunity to visit Montepulciano and Cortona during your transfer from Florence to Assisi, with our local driver.
A full day in the iconic landscape of rolling hills, cypress avenues and medieval villages. Explore the secret Tuscany!
- First stop at Montepulciano: Visit the medieval town of Montepulciano and discover its ancient underground cellars, walk through tunnels dug into the tuff, under spectacular brick vaults and taste the extraordinary wine. Guided tour and light lunch with 5 wine tastings (Nobile di Montepulciano and Rosso di Montepulciano with typical Tuscan cold cuts, homemade pasta and pecorino cheese) in the Historical Cellar of Talosa.
- Then we will move to Cortona for a second stop. Cortona is a traditional walled Etruscan town. Located about 600 meters above sea level, it offers spectacular views of the surrounding valley and Lake Trasimeno, inspiring the well-known film “Under the Tuscan Sun”.
- In the afternoon we will take you to Assisi and leave you to your hotel, B&B or private apartment.
- Traveler pickup is guaranteed
- Our english speaking Driver-escort will pick you up at your location
- Welcome sign always PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- Transfer aboard our 8 Seats Mercedes Minivan or similar Minivan
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Montepulciano
Our driver will pick you up at your location (hotel, B&B or private apartment) and take you on a journey through the rolling hills of Tuscany. First stop in Montepulciano.
- Montepulciano is an important producer of food and wines. Renowned for its pork, cheese, “pici” pasta, lentils and honey, it is known all over the world for its wine (Nobile and Rosso di Montepulciano). Our driver will guide you through the incredible underground cellars called “Undreground Wonders”, where a qualified winemaker will show you gigantic oak barrels, in which rest the famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG and Rosso di Montepulciano DOC”. At the end of the visit, you can taste a typical Tuscan lunch with a selection of the best wines and an explanation of their basic characteristics.
Duration: 2 hour
Stop At: Cortona
We will then continue to Cortona.
- Cortona is the main cultural and artistic center of the Val di Chiana (Val di Chiana) after Arezzo. Cortona was founded by the Etruscans (under the original name of “Curtun”) still preserves many of its original Etruscan remains. Cortona also contains several stories of people who boast great Renaissance artists, such as Luca Signorelli and Beato Angelico, as well as Pietro da Cortona during the Baroque period. Cortona and its Tuscan countryside have also inspired the famous film: “Under the Tuscan Sun”.
Duration: 1:30 hour
Pass By: Lake Trasimeno
During the transfer we will pass near Lake Trasimeno, possible stop on request. Lake Trasimeno is located in the green heart of Umbria, among reeds and beautiful white water lilies. It is a true natural paradise that hosts wild ducks, cormorants and kingfishers.
At the end of the tour we will arrive to Assisi at your hotel, B&B of private flat.
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.