PRIVATE TRANSFER from Florence to Rome with stops in San Gimignano & Montepulciano
Let you take among the “Sweet Hills of Chianti and Val d’Orcia”, visit the cities of San Gimignano and Montepulciano, enjoy a typical Tuscan lunch, with exquisite wines and arrive to Rome at your destination: a fantastic experience traveling between the famous tuscan hills, visiting two famous medieval town in Chianti and Val d’Orcia.
- First stop at San Gimignano, with a visit to the city and its magnificent towers.
- At lunch we will move to a typical Tuscan farm to taste wines, cold cuts, pecorino cheese and homemade pasta.
- Second stop at Montepulciano. Visit the medieval towns of Montepulciano and discover 2 ancient Underground Cellars, walk through tunnels dug into the tuff, under spectacular brick vaults and taste an extraordinary wine (Nobile di Montepulciano).
- Later we will transfer to Rome at your destination.
- Traveler pickup is guaranteed
- Our english speaking Driver-escort will pick you up at your location
- Welcome sign always PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- Transfer aboard our 8 Seats Mercedes Minivan or similar Minivan
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: San Gimignano
Our driver will pick you up at your hotel or in another chosen location (B&B or private apartment) and will take you to discover the Tuscan countryside. First stop at San Gimignano:
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world'(Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. You can also climb the tower-museum (Torre Rognosa) to see an incredible panorama and hear the legend of the Devil’s Tower.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano (on request)
At lunch we will move to a typical tuscan winery.
This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 course lunch, with homemade pasta, Bruschettas, cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame and more…
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Tasting Extra Vergine Olive Oil
- Tasting Pepper Olive Oil
- Tasting Balsamic Vinegar
- Tasting Truffle Oilive Oil.
Duration: 2 hour
Pass By: Chianti Road
After the visit to the farm, we will drive through one of the most famous “Wine Road” and the rolling Siena hills, amidst olive-groves, cypress trees and vineyards up to the Medieval town-museum of Montepulciano.
Stop At: Montepulciano
Third stop at Montepulciano: after lunch, we will cross the beautiful countryside of Val d’Orcia (Orcia Valley) to Montepulciano.
- Once arrived in the main square, we will visit two Historical Cellars. Our driver-escort will take you inside two underground cellars, between underground wells with brick walls. Here you will find giant oak barrels, in which rest the famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG and Rosso di Montepulciano DOC. At the end of the visit, we will attend a tasting of the best wines with an explanation of their basic characteristics.
After this last stop, we will leave Montepulciano for Rome.
Duration: 1:30 hours
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.