PRIVATE TRANSFER from Florence to Siena with stops in San Gimignano & Monteriggioni
Do not miss the opportunity to visit the Chianti region, during your transfer from Florence to Siena, spend a half day on the roads of Chianti, along the ancient “Via Francigena”, which was traveled by Charle Magne and pilgrims to Rome and by the Crusader soldiers up to Jerusalem. Visit San Gimignano, famous all over the world for its medieval towers and the Castle of Monteriggioni, an outpost built by the Republic of Siena and strategic point of control of the passes on the “Via Francigena”. Our drivers will offer you tours in Mercedes Minivan, accompanying you through the beautiful hills and picturesque villages of Tuscany, showing you the most interesting places and the extraordinary work of experienced craftsmen. If you want to ask our driver to stop at a winery for a lunch or a wine tasting, we have a fantastic farm to show you. Later, you can choose where you want to be left in Siena (at your home address or where you booked your hotel, B&B or private apartment).
- Traveler pickup is guaranteed
- Our english speaking Driver-escort will pick you up at your location
- Welcome sign always PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- Transfer aboard our 8 Seats Mercedes Minivan or similar Minivan
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: San Gimignano
Our driver will pick you up at your location (hotel, B&B or private apartment) and take you on a journey through the rolling hills of Tuscany.
First stop at San Gimignano:
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world'(Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen. You can also climb the tower-museum (Torre Rognosa) to see an incredible panorama and hear the legend of the Devil’s Tower.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass by: Chianti Road
This is one of the most beautiful wine roads in Tuscany, we will cross the rolling hills of Siena, among olive groves, cypresses and vineyards. If you want, you will have the opportunity to taste renowned wines and other typical products such as olive oil, Sienese desserts, cheeses, balsamic vinegar and truffles in a super Tuscan farm. Ask our driver the various farms for a lunch and a wine tasting.
- Possible lunch and tasting on request.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Monteriggioni castle
Last stop at Monteriggioni:
- Monteriggioni is a castle founded by the Sienese between 1213 and 1219 as an outpost against the Florentines. In ancient times Monteriggioni was famous as an impregnable fortress. Now, inside the castle you can visit the museum of medieval weapons, and you can walk over the ancient defensive walls.
At the end of the visit we will drive to your destination to Siena.
Duration: 1 hours
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.