Fantiscritti Marble Quarry & wine Experience in Luni
(Private Tour From: Florence, Pisa, Massa Carrara, Lucca)
Visit the extraordinary Carrara marble quarries and taste the lard of Colonnata. In the afternoon savour the exquisite wines in Luni farm winery. Spend a day “one step from the sky”, among the incredible landscape of the marble quarries of the Apuan Alps and the flavors of Luni wines. Fantiscritti marble quarry has an interesting outdoor museum about the history of marble quarrying, which exhibits how the quarry workers lived their lives over the ages, how marble blocks were cut and moved and the evolution of the equipment used.
Our driver will take you with comfortable Mercedes minivan, or similar car, until the Fantiscritti marble quarries.
- At Fantiscritti, we will take a Jeep and we will arrive inside the marble quarry, where a local expert guide will explain the secrets of the most famous Tuscan marble quarry, still in activity. You can see how the marble is cut and visit the museum hall inside the quarry.
- The tour will continue with a stop at the village of Colonnata, famous for its “Colonnata lardo”. We will visit the town, where you can see a spectacular view of the Apuan mountains.
- In the afternoon we will move to Luni farm winery, for a light lunch and a great wine tastings experience, including delicious local products, with 5 special wine tastings with local cold cuts.
- The return is scheduled around 5.00 pm
- Pick up at your Hotel or private flat and B&B with confortable Mercedes Minivan or similar. Welcome sign PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- English speaking driver – guide.
IMPORTANT: We can also pick up and drop off customers at private addresses, apartments or B & B, without extra charge. It is only necessary to indicate the correct address in the notes.
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Fantiscritti marble quarry
Our english speaking driver will pick you up at your location (hotel or apartment) around 9.00 Am. First stop at Fantiscritti and visit to the marble quarry with local guide.
- In the Apuan Alps, the famous Carrara marble was formed from limestone sediments about 200 million years ago. The marble quarries in Carrara are famous in all the world. Also Michelangelo decided to obtained the raw material for his David in the Carrara marble querries. One of the most important quarries is Fantiscritti above Carrara. Fantiscritti is accessible to visitors from the caves in the mountain and also on the top of the mountain. Along the road that leads to the quarry, we can admire three bridges, known as the Bridges of Vara, which were the viaducts of the old Marble Railway.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Colonnata
Second stop at Colonnata village, with its spectacular panorama.
- Colonnata is an Italian ancient, picturesque village of the Comune of Carrara. It is situated in the Apuan Alps, and is known worldwide for the pork fat delicacy “Lardo di Colonnata”. it is impossible not to taste the typical local cold cuts, walking through the small streets of the ancient town. The mountain panorama that can be seen from the village will leave you breathless.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Cantine Lunae (winery-farm)
Last stop in Lunae (Luni) Farm for light lunch and wine tasting experience.
- Lunae wine cellars is not just a simple wine tasting, but a true sensory experience. You will be able to taste the famous wines produced by this historic family, and visit the cellar, the vineyards, their production, the history, tasting the best local products such as oil and cold cuts. You can choose between 4 tastings menu and have a light lunch among olive trees and vineyards.
Duration: 2 hours
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.