Florence & Chianti in one day with Lunch and Tasting in Winery
(Private Tour From: Florence, Pisa, Arezzo, Siena, Lucca)
Explore the Chianti region, and visit the magnificent town of Florence, the Capital of the Renaissance. Spend a day surrounded by Renaissance beauty and the rolling hills of the tuscan country, tasting the top Chianti wines.
- In the morning we will arrive at Florence for a visit of the city. We will stop in the best panoramic place, the famous Piazzale Michelangelo, to photograph the Renaissance City.
- Later we’ll enter in the historic center of the town for a free visit of about 3 hours. (Stops: Palazzo Pitti – Ponte Vecchio – Piazza della Signoria – The Duomo – Giotto Tower – Piazza Santa Croce – San Lorenzo Market & more..).
The tour continues through the hills, we’ll drive inside the Chianti Region, that takes in the iconic landscape of a rolling hills, avenues of cypress trees and medieval hilltop towns. We’ll drive through the vineyards of Chianti, along ancient pilgrimage trails.
For lunch we’ll feast in a typical Tuscan farm, tasting Lasangna, Pecorino cheese, Ham and the best Wines of our Region.
- In the afternoon, we’ll visit the Medieval town of San Gimignano and its magnificent towers, tasting a delicious gelato.
The return is scheduled for 6 pm
Take a look at: What to expect
- Pick up at your Hotel or private flat and B&B with confortable Mercedes Minivan or similar. Welcome sign PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your name.
- English speaking driver – guide.
IMPORTANT: We can also pick up and drop off customers at private addresses, apartments or B & B, without extra charge. It is only necessary to indicate the correct address in the notes.
What To Expect: Itinerary
Stop At: Piazzale Michelangelo
Our driver escort will pick you up at your location (hotel, B&B or private apartment) and take you on a drive through the sweet hills of Tuscany.
- First stop: Piazzale Michelangelo the best panoramic point of Florence. Michelangelo Plaza (Piazzale Michelangelo) is a square with a panoramic view of Florence. The square, dedicated to the Renaissance sculptor Michelangelo, has bronze copies of some of his marble works found elsewhere in Florence: the David and the four allegories of the Medici Chapel of San Lorenzo.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Florence
- After taking your best photos from Piazzale Michelangelo, get ready to live a day surrounded by art and beautiful Renaissance landscapes! Let yourself fall in love with one of the most beautiful and artistic cities in the world, Florence! Stroll through its alleys full of history and enjoy its charming monuments. Discover the most beautiful squares such as Piazza Repubblica. Enjoy your free time through the streets where the father of the Italian language, Dante Alighieri, used to walk, discover Piazza della Signoria and take pictures on the emblematic Ponte Vecchio, without a doubt one of the most precious symbols of the city! If you are an art lover, you can optionally visit the Accademia Gallery, one of the most famous museums in the world where you can admire the David, one of the majestic works of art by Michelangelo. After our magical stop in Florence, we will drive through the Chianti Region, so famous for the wine.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Tenuta Torciano
Later we will move through the Tuscan countryside to the winery to understand the secrets of wine production and enjoy a lunch with wine tastings.
This farm promotes the Italian wine & food culture all over the world. A beautiful Italian experience to learn the best combinations beetween wine & food, the glass etiquette, the secrets of Italian cuisine, Tuscan wine-making techniques and more.
3 course lunch, with homemade pasta, Bruschettas, cold cuts, Pecorino cheese, prosciutto, salame and more…
- Wine tastings with: Chianti, Chianti Riserva, Brunello di Montalcino, Sangiovese, Nobile di Montepulciano, Vernaccia and Super Tuscan.
- Tasting Extra Vergine Olive Oil
- Tasting Pepper Olive Oil
- Tasting Balsamic Vinegar
- Tasting Truffle Oilive Oil.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: San Gimignano
After lunch we will move to the medieval village of San Gimignano, the visit of the town and its magnificent towers will take about an hour.
- San Gimignano is a small walled medieval hill town not far from Siena. Known as the “Town of Fine Towers”, during the Middle Ages there were more than 70 towers in the city. Now it is a real open-air museum, where it seems to walk in the medieval period. The town also is known for saffron, the Golden Ham, and its white wine: Vernaccia di San Gimignano, produced from the ancient variety of Vernaccia grape which is grown on the sandstone hillsides of the area. In the main square don’t forget to taste the best ‘ice cream in the world'(Gelateria Dondoli), and in the streets of the village you can admire the extraordinary work of expert craftsmen.
The return is scheduled around 6.00 pm.
Duration: 1 hour
Inform us about any food allergies or intollerances you might have in advance during your booking procedure.